Appeal Against High Court Judgement
Following consultation with our Legal Team and feedback from the BACI Facebook Group – the BACI Committee feel that there are good grounds for an Appeal against the High Court Judgement and there is also good indications that the public will be supportive of this action.
The first stage in the Appeals Process is the Paper Permission Stage. This involves:
- our Legal Team lodging the Appeal Documentation with the Court of Appeal
- our Barrister preparing the Grounds for Appeal to accompany the lodging documentation
- applicable Court Fees for Lodging
- our Barrister preparing a Skeleton Argument (due 2 weeks after Lodging)
- preparation of the Appeals Court Bundle
The target amount of £8,400 to cover costs for the paper permission stage has been reached. A massive thank you to all residents involved.
If you wish to donate via cheque or have any other donation enquires – please complete and submit the form below.
Monies contributed via all methods will go into the separate BACI Bank Account which is controlled by the BACI Treasurer and a second signatory the Assistant Treasurer who are members of the BACI committee.
If there are any funds left over at any point of this fundraising event or subsequent fundraising events for the purpose of a Legal Challenge – this will be used either in the wider campaign (if this is still existing) for example air monitoring equipment or another local project.