Keep up to date with the latest News regarding the Judicial Review legal challenge
We are awaiting a decision from our attendance at the Royal Courts of Justice on 10th – 11th October.
The judge took the option to defer judgement to allow more time to consider the claim which is quite technical in nature.
- Full write-up of the events of the 2 days
- Photo Gallery
- Video with extra information regarding the basis of the claim and current progress at the pit
If there are any funds left over at any point of this current campaign to collect for the purpose Judicial Review – this will be used either in the wider campaign (if this is still existing) – for instance for air pollution monitoring equipment – or another local project.
You can keep up to date with the campaign and inform others by:
- Download the Leaflet – Double Sided Updated 0918 , Covanta Overview Leaflet Updated 08/18 and/or Poster to display and inform others
- Consider printing out some leaflets and distributing them at your local interest group or other local social gatherings
- Talk to your friends and colleagues to check that they are aware of the Covanta Incinerator
- ‘Like’ the BACI Facebook Page to receive update posts on your news feed
- Join the discussion on the Facebook Group
- Share BACI posts to your own timeline to inform your friends
- Show support by changing your facebook profile – Click Here to Learn How
- Follow BACI on twitter @BedsACI and use the hashtag #nocovantaincinerator and #skyfill on your own tweets
- Keep up-to-date with new Posts by using the Follow Button at the bottom of the page
- Email us or use the contact form to sign up for regular email updates
- Sign the ‘direct letter’ type petition to Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
The Covanta Incinerator – Background
The Covanta Incinerator – Environmental Permitting Process
The Covanta Incinerator – Main Points
Concerns regarding Incineration as a process
Incineration, Recycling and the Circular Economy – Slides