2nd Consultation now open until 7th November
Despite an unprecedented number of objections to the 1st Consultation of nearly 2,000 the Environment Agency still wants to blight Marston Vale & beyond with this environmental disaster to be located adjacent to the Millennium Country Park/Forest Centre.
BACI learned that previously only consultations involving fracking had come anywhere near this number of submissions.
The Environment Agency has confirmed that anyone who responded to the 1st consultation – either via online or email – should have received an email detailing the 2nd consultation.
Please note –
- you do not have to have responded to the 1st consultation in order to submit comments to the 2nd consultation.
- if you responded to the 1st consultation you will still need to respond to the 2nd consultation in order for your comments to be considered by the Environment Agency.
- if you do not respond to the 2nd consultation the Environment Agency will assume that you are content with the draft permit and decision document
The Environment Agency stated that unlike the 1st Consultation – that was advertised in local papers – this 2nd Consultation will not be advertised by the Environment Agency
Part of the consultation also involves a drop-in afternoon on 20th September 1pm – 7pm at the Forest Centre – also not advertised in the press by the Environment Agency.
The draft permit and decision document have only just been made available for BACI to consider. We would suggest to residents at this point to hold off any official submissions until we have had time to look through and first of all check all residents concerns have been addressed, that answers given are adequate and then collect any new evidence.
The Draft Permit and Decision Documents can be found at the bottom of the following link – https://consult.environment-agency.gov.uk/psc/mk43-9ly-covanta-energy-limited-1/
Please still continue with the following- to keep up to date and inform others:
- Join the Facebook Group
- Show support by changing your facebook profile – Click Here to Learn How
- Follow BACI on twitter @BedsACI and use the hashtag #nocovantaincinerator on your own tweets
- Sign the on-line petition and spread the word to others to do so
- Keep up-to-date with new Posts by using the Follow Button at the bottom of the page
- Email us or use the contact form to sign up for regular email updates
- Download the Information Sheet and/or Poster to display and inform others