Judicial Review Court Hearing Outcome Reserved Judgement – Decision Pending
BACI’s 2 Day Substantive Court Hearing Dates took place on 10th and 11th October 2018. Due to the technical nature of the claim – the Judge has Reserved Judgement to enable time to consider more fully.
A full gallery of photos will follow shortly.
A massive thank you to everybody who sent good luck messages throughout the 2 days – sorry we were unable to take any photos or videos inside the Court Building itself.
Thank you all for your Continued Support
The Judicial Review Process
Progress so far:
In order to begin proceedings – it was necessary to appoint a firm of Solicitors. With guidance from ELF – BACI appointed one the best-known Environmental Law firm of Solicitors in the country.
– Pre-Action Protocol Letter sent (incl supplementary letter)
– Reply from the EA received
– Responses from the EA analysed by the legal team
– Preparation of papers and lodging with the Courts – 25/04/18
– Serving of claim form and prepared bundle including grounds and expert/witness statements to The Environment Agency (Defendants) and Covanta (Interested Party) 16/05/18
– Acknowledgement of Service stage – AoS replies received from EA and Covanta but due to accelerated timings the bundles were moved forward to the paper permission stage
– Permission Granted by Judge to move forward to a Full 2 Day Substantive Hearing (received 15/06/18)
– Dates for 2 Day Substantive Hearing set for 10th and 11th October
– Reply by BACI Barrister to Detailed Grounds of Resistance incl 2nd Expert Witness Statement
– Skeleton Argument and Trial Bundles prepared by Legal Team and sent to Courts incl 3rd Expert Witness Statement
– Attendance at 2 day substantive Hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice
– Awaiting Decision of deferred judgement
If there are any funds left over at any point – this will be used either in the wider campaign (if this is still existing) for example on air pollution monitoring equipment or another local project.
The Covanta Incinerator – Background
The Covanta Incinerator – Environmental Permitting Process
The Covanta Incinerator – Main Points
Concerns regarding Incineration as a process
Incineration, Recycling and the Circular Economy – Slides